Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 Review after 4 Days

So I preordered my Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 which arrived on 19 August 2020 and have put it through its paces for 4 days. You can look at my earlier blog for the unboxing experience. Initial impressions are generally very good. I have mine in mystic black because they do not do the larger 45mm in mystic bronze in my county. You can also get mystic silver. The RAM is increased to 1GB and memory is up from 4 to 8GB.

I have made a review video that you can see here but the summary is;

Battery life - The battery capacity of my 45mm version is 340mAh, same as on the 44mm Galaxy Watch active 2, but less than the 472 on the original Galaxy Watch. You will get 2 days of average use with bluetooth, location, WiFi (on auto) all on but with always-on display turned off. I drained the Watch 3 to zero and charging took 2 hours and 25 minutes while turned off. The Watch active 2 takes about 2 hours. This may improve as it was the first charging cycle.

Activity - I go into detail in my video review but precision is generally good. I had an anomaly with the heart rate monitor but I will test again and come back with an update.

Sleep tracking There are improved tracking metrics

Bixby Generally improved (although kept triggering inappropriately

The video is 43 minutes long and broken down into sections so hopefully, you will find it useful. Let me know if there is anything you would like me to test. 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Frustration with O2 and lack of understanding of support for the 4G version of Samsung's Galaxy Watch 3

Galaxy s2 battery drain after ics update (Poor battery life)